Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Walnut cheese cake
Ingredients for the base:
250 gm. digestive biscuits
120 gm. melted butter
Ingredients for cheese cake:
700 gm. cream cheese
150 gm. sugar
50 gm. maple syrup or honey
100 gm. chopped roasted walnuts
3 nos. medium size eggs
(1) Blend digestive biscuits until fine and mix with melted butter and press into a 9" round springfrom tin. Chill in the refrigerator to let the base harden.
(2) Beat cream cheese wtih sugar and maple syrup until creamy and smooth.
(3) Add in eggs and beat one at a time until well mixed.
(4) Pour in chopped walnuts and mix thoroughly.
(5) Pour into prepared tin with biscuit base.
(6) Bake (baine marie) for about 1 hour at 160C.
(7) Leave cheese cake in the oven for about 30 mins with the door closed.
(8) After 30 mins, open the oven door slightly ajar and let the cheese cake cool in the oven before putting in the fridge to let it set.
(9) Serve chilled.