Saturday, September 02, 2006
Top Hat Cookies
50 gm. Margarine
180 gm. Plain flour
1 1/2 small eggs - beaten lightly
80 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
A little Almond Essence
Some egg white for glazing
Red and Green colouring
(1) Cream margarine and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs a little at a time (leave some in case dough is too soft).
(3) Add in almond essence and beat till well mixed.
(4) Pour in plain flour and bicarbonate of soda.
(5) Roll small balls of about 10 gm. for the base and about 3 gm. for the top. Stick with some egg glaze.
(6) Pinch some dough and colour it red and another colour it green.
(7 Take a little bit of red and roll into long strip and circle it around the top and use the green dough to make into ribbons.
(8) Bake cookies at 170C for about 20 mins or till golden brown.