Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Ingredients for sponge cake:
120 gm. castor sugar
140 gm. cake flour
1 tsp. vanilla essence
80 gm. melted butter
120 gm. whipped Fresh Cream
100 gm. strawberry filling
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar till thick and fluffy.
(2) Sieve in cake four and vanilla essence and fold lightly.
(3) Pour in melted butter and fold lightly taking care not to deflate the eggs.
(4) Pour into a square tray 15" x 15" and bake at 175C for about 10 - 12 Mins. or till cooked. Remove from oven and turn onto a wire rack and let it cool.
(5) Cut the sponge cake into 3 pieces.
(6) Spread a little fresh cream on top then spread with some strawberry filling. Repeat till finish but the top, just spread with fresh cream. Cut into small squares.
(7) Put some strawberry filling into a piping bag and pipe some jam on top and decorate as desired.