Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Baked Layer Pastry Pumpkin & Sweet Potatoes Moon Cake
Ingredients for Water Pastry:
300 gm. Plain flour
100 gm. Shortening
20 gm. Castor sugar
150 ml. Water
250 gm. Plain flour
150 gm. Shortening
a few drops of yellow colouring
250 gm. Pumpkin Slices
250 gm. Sweet Potatoes - slice
20 gm. "Teng Mien" Flour (Wheat Starch)
20 gm. Santan Powder
20 gm. Fried Glutinous Rice flour (Kao Fen)
50 gm. Tapioca Flour
50 gm. cornoil
50 gm. sugar
(1) Steam pumpkin and sweet potatoes slices for about 20 to 30 mins then mash it while still hot.
(2) Add in all the ingredients together except fried glutinous rice flour and then pour into a wok and fry till well blended. Add in fried glutinous rice flour and mix till well blended.
(3) Leave fillings to cool and roll into 16 small balls.
(1) Water Dough: Mix plain flour and shortening together, stir in water and castor sugar and mix till it forms into a dough. Rest for 30 mins. then divide into 16 portions.
(2) For oil dough, mix all the ingredients together and divide into 16 portions.
(3) Wrap oil dough with water dough and roll into a round ball. Water dough is the outer skin.
(4) Roll each dough into a long rectangular shape and then roll up into a swiss roll.
(5) Roll the dough flat again and roll once more into a swiss roll.
(6) Roll into a round flat piece and wrap up with the pumpkin and sweet potato filling.
(7) Bake at 180C for about 25 to 30 mins.