Sunday, August 13, 2006
Raspberry Yoghurt Cheesecake
1 thin slice of chocolate sponge cake
250 gm. Cream Cheese
60 gm. Sugar
10 gm. corn flour
10 gm. plain flour
2 nos. egg yolk
1/2 no. whole egg
150 gm. Mixed berry Yoghurt (if you have raspberry yoghurt, it's better)
1 1/2 no. Egg white
40 gm. Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Gelatine powder
50 gm. Water
80 gm. Raspberry Jam
40 gm. Water
200 gm. Non Dairy Whip Cream
150 gm. Mixed berry yoghurt
100 gm. Raspberry Jam
20 gm. Sugar
200 gm. Water
2 Tbsp. Gelatine powder
70 gm. Water
(1) Place the thing sponge into a 9" springform tin.
(2) Beat cream cheese, sugar, plain flour and cornflour until smooth.
(3) Add in egg yolk and beaten 1/2 egg.
(4) Add in yoghurt and mix till thoroughly mixed.
(5) Beat egg white with sugar until soft peak and then add into the cream cheese mixture and mix till well mixed.
(6) Pour on top of the prepared chocolate sponge in the springform tin and bake (baine marie) at 160c for about 1 hour.
(7) Remove from oven and leave it to cool.
(8) For mousse: mix gelatine with water and let it bloom. Microwave till melted.
(9) Mix raspberry jam with water. Add in gelatine mixture.
(10) Fold whipped cream and yoghurt into the raspberry jam mixture and pour on top of the baked cream cheese cake. Leave in the fridge and let it set.
(11) For topping: Mix everything together and boil till gelatine and sugar melts. Leave it to cool to room temperature and then pour on top of raspberry mousse. Put in the fridge and refrigerate till set.
(12) Slice and serve chilled.