Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Chocolate Eggless Cake
200 ml. milk
65 gm. sugar
1 tsp. Coffee powder
1 tsp. Kahlua (coffee liquer) - optional
90 gm. chopped chocolate
65 gm. margarine
165 gm. cake flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
(1) Grease and line a nice fluted mould or use a 9" round cake tin.
(2) Boil milk, sugar and instant coffee over medium heat till sugar and instant coffee powder melts.
(3) Add in margarine and chopped chocolate , off fire. Stir till cool.
(4) Fold in cake flour and baking powder into the cooled chocolate mixture and mix well.
(5) Pour into prepared tin and bake at 175C for about 30 - 35 mins.
(6) Remove from oven and leave on wire rack to cool.