Monday, July 24, 2006
Tri Colour Parsley Bread
2 tsp. instant Yeast
2 Tbsp. Water
300 gm. Bread flour
175 ml. cold water
200 gm. Bread flour
1/2 tsp. Bread improver
40 gm. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
30 gm. Milk Powder
100 gm. Dairy whip cream
30 gm. shortening
50 gm. chopped English parsley or Italian parsley
Colouring: green, orange colouring
(1) For sponge dough: mix instant yeast with water and let it rest for 10 mins. until it turns frothy.
(2) Add remaining ingredients and knead to form a dough. Let it rest for 2 - 3 hours.
(3) After fermenting the sponge dough, add in sugar, salt and some whip cream and mix it well till blended. Pour in balance whip cream and continue mixing.
(4) Add the bread flour, milk powder and the rest of remaining ingredients (add shortening last) and knead into a smooth and elastic dough.
(5) Divide the dough into 3 portions and add green colouring and chopped parsley into one portion, add a drop of orange paste into another portion and leave one plain.
(6) Knead the colouring into the dough till well mixed.
(7) Round into round balls and let it rest for 10 mins.
(8) Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and stack up on top of one another.
(9) Roll into a long swiss roll and cut into 4 pieces and put into a loaf pan (H28cm x W11.5 cm X H11.5cm).
(10) Let it prove for 45 mins. or till it fills 80% of the loaf pan. Cover with lid.
(11) Bake at 200C for 35 mins. Remove it immediately from the tin when baked.