Don, for you....
Yaha just reminded me about this malay lady called Intan (her actual name is Zaleha) who lives in Bedok. I learnt this steamed coconut blossom from her when I was a young lady, about 26 years ago. How time flies...sigh!!! This recipe was kept for decades and it's time to let go...
3 nos. cold eggs
250 gm. sugar
10 ozs. (about 280 to 300 gm.) Softasilk flour or any superfine flour (Hong Kong flour)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. ovalette
130 gm. (5 ozs.) coconut cream (can buy the box coconut milk e.g. Kara)
30 gm. pandan juice (blend about 6 pandan leaves)
1 tsp. pandan paste
(1) Beat all the ingredients together until thick and fluffy.
(2) Scoop 1 Tbsp. of batter into madeleine mould (lined with paper cup), top up with 1 tbsp. of coconut filling and then another 1 Tbsp. of batter.
(3) Steam over high heat for 15 mins.
250 gm. grated coconut
30 gm. castor sugar
100 gm. gula melaka
60 gm. water
1 tsp. cornflour
2 pcs. pandan leaves - cut into small pieces
(1) Cook sugar, gula melaka and water in a wok till sugar melts.
(2) Add in grated coconut and pandan leaves and fry till dry.
(3) Sprinkle cornflour on top and stir till well mixed.
(4) Cool before using.