Thursday, July 13, 2006
Sago and peach jelly
80 ml. Water
30 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. agar agar powder
1 blade pandan leaf
50 gm. sago - wash and soak sago for 10 mins. Then put into a pot of boiling water. Cook till it turns transparent. Drain into a sieve and wash it over a running tap to remove the excess starch. Let it stand in the sieve for 10 mins then add a drop of pink colouring and mix thoroughly.
2 - 3 pieces of peaches - sliced
2 peaches - blend
1 1/4 Tbsp. of Agar-agar powder
110 gm. castor sugar
600 ml. water
130 gm. mashed peaches
220 gm. Dairy whip cream
(1) Boil Mixture (A) till sugar dissolves. Remove pandan leaf. Pour half portion of the agar agar into a round tube pan. Arrange sliced peaches at the base of the tube pan and let it set a little (half set) then pour in the balance agar-agar mixture.
(2) Sprinkle the cooked pink sago onto the agar agar mixture. Let it half-set.
(3) Boil ingredients (D) together except the mashed peaches. When the sugar dissolves and the mixtures turns transparent, add in the mashed peaches, stir well.
(4) Off the heat, pour in the dairy cream and stir till thoroughly mixed. Turn on the heat and cook for another 3 mins.
(5) Pour the dairy cream agar agar mixture onto the pink sago agar agar slowly till mixture finish.
(6) Cool the agar agar and then place in the fridge to chill.
(7) Serve chilled.