Madeleines have a dry taste and it taste better when dipped into a glass of lemon-flavoured tea.
4 eggs (medium size)
200 gm. castor sugar
grated zest of 1 lemon
grated zest of 1 orange
225 gm. plain flour
185 gm. unsalted butter - melted and cooled
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar until creamy. Add the lemon and orange zest.
(2) Fold in flour and melted butter.
(3) Refrigerate the batter for one hour.
(4) Butter the madeleine moulds and spoon in the batter to fill 3/4 of each mould.
(5) Bake at 190C for about 12 - 15 mins. or until golden brown.
(6) Remove as soon as the madeleines are baked and cooled on a wire rack.