Monday, July 24, 2006
Longan with Sweet Potato Bread
400 gm. Bread Flour
11 gm. Instant Yeast
75 gm. Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Sesasme seeds
1 tsp. bread improver
1/2 tsp. salt
40 gm. Butter
100 gm. dried longan
100 ml. longan water
100 ml. fresh milk
150 gm. cooked sweet potato puree (orange colour)
50 gm. sunflower seeds - for sprinkling on top of bread
(1) Soak the logan in water for about 15 mins. Remove and drain well. Keep the water and weigh 100 gm. and put aside.
(2) Put all the dry ingredients into the mixer and mix well with low speed.
(3) Pour in longan water and milk gradually till it becomes a dough and beat for about 5 mins.
(4) Add in sweet potato puree and let it beat for another 5 mins. Add in butter and let it beat for another 5 mins. until it becomes a smooth dough.
(5) Rest for 45 mins. and then divide dough into 2 equal portions. Rest for 10 mins.
(6) Roll out the dough into a cylindrical shape, place 1/2 of the longan on top and roll up into a swiss roll. Cut into half and roll into a long strip and plait the 2 strips together and place into a loaf pan. (Recipe yields 2 nos. of loaf pan).
(7) Rest the dough for about 45 mins.
(8) Glaze the top with beaten egg and sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
(9) Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 25 mins. or till cooked.