Saturday, July 29, 2006
Kiwi Fruit Bread
Ingredients for bread dough:
300 gm. Bread flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. Milk powder
40 gm. castor sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Instant Yeast
120 ml. water
60 gm. Kiwi Jam
55 gm. margarine
1 beaten egg
some Kiwi Jam
some desiccated coconut
(1) Put all the ingredients except margarine into the mixer and blend till combined for about 8 mins.
(2) Put in the margarine and beat for another 5 mins. and beat till dough is smooth and elastic.
(3) Leave dough to proof for about 45 mins.
(4) Divide dough into small balls of about 50 gm. and let it rest for 10 mins.
(5) Roll the round balls into long strips and lay side by side and let it proof for another 45 mins. or double in size.
(6) Brush with egg glaze, sprinkle desiccated coconut on top and pipe 3 lines of kiwi jam over it.
(7) Bake in preheated oven of 190C for about 10 mins. or till golden.
(8) Remove and cool on wire rack.