Thursday, July 13, 2006
Japanese Sushi Cake
This recipe makes 2 rolls.
Ingredients for Swiss roll:
4 nos. Large egg yolks
2 gm. salt
50 gm. Cornoil
50 gm. fresh milk
80 gm. flour
15 gm. cornflour
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
4 nos. Large Egg white
100 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp. Cream of tartar
Method for making swiss rolls:
(1) Mix the egg yolk ingredients together and stir until smooth.
(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar for a while then pour in sugar gradually and whisk till stiff.
(3) Fold (1) and (2) together and pour into a swiss roll pan to bake at 180C for about 12 mins.
To assemble, you need:
Mayonnaise, Zuchinni, Carrot, Scramble eggs, crab stick and Nori (Japanese seaweed)
(1) Cut the swiss roll into half.
(2) Spread mayonnaise onto swiss roll.
(3) Place zuchinni, carrot, crab stick and eggs at the edge of the swiss roll and roll it up. Chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
(4) Spread some mayonnaise on the swiss roll and cover it with Nori.
(5) Chill in the fridge before slicing. Serve.
Note: If you have a rectangular pan, beat eggs with some bonito and water and make the egg roll and in the end, you get a rectangular egg omelette. Slice it into strips.