sinner, your request for this cookie...
200 gm. Butter
180 gm. fine sugar
30 gm. beaten egg
300 gm. plain flour
120 gm. Ground Almond
1 tsp. Grated Lemon Zest
6 Tbsp. Strawberry Jam + 2 tsp. Lemon juice
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in beaten egg.
(3) Add in plain flour, ground almond and lemon zest. Knead into a pliable dough.
(4) Wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for about 15 to 20 mins.
(5) Roll Dough between 2 plastic sheets, use a fluted cutter to cut the cookies. Pair them up. 1 with hole and the other without a hole. (Use a small cookie cutter to cut out the hole, can use your piping nozzle).
(6) Bake at 170C for about 10- 15 mins.
(7) Transfer to wire rack to cool.
(8) Place jam and lemon juice in a samll saucepan and cook over low heat for about 2 mins. to make it abit runny. Spread onto the cookie without hole and then top up with the cookie with a hole.
(9) Serve it over a cup of Lipton tea.