Thursday, July 27, 2006
Ginger cheese cup cake
60 gm. chocolate colour ginger biscuits or Khong Guan chocolate biscuits
20 gm. crystalized ginger - chopped finely
300 gm. cream cheese - room temperature
110 gm. sugar
20 gm. crystalized ginger - chopped
50 ml. dairy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (if you don't like too sour, cut down to 1 1/2 Tbsp.)
1 Lemon Zest
65 gm. eggs
Topping: Grated chocolate
(1) Blend ginger cookies with crystalised ginger until fine and sprinkle into 12-hole muffin pan lined with paper cups. Use a tea spoon to press it down and level it.
(2) Beat cream cheese, sugar and crystalised ginger in a mixing bowl for a few mins.
(3) Add in lemon zest,lemon juice and beaten eggs and mix well. Mix till a smooth batter is achieved.
(4) Scoop mixture into the prepared paper cups and level surface with a spoon.
(5) Bake in a preheated oven of 175C for about 30 mins or until just set.
Leave in the oven with the oven door slightly ajar for about 5 mins. before removing from oven. Use a sharp knife to loosen the edge and lift it up. Cheese cake will be wobbly when hot and leave it to cool to let it set. Chill in the fridge.
When cooled, grated some chocolate on top and serve.