Yvette, I know what you mean....peppermint lover
Ingredients for sponge:-
4 nos. eggs
250 gm. Optima flour
70 ml. water
1 tsp. ovalette
1 tsp. Vanilla essence
70 ml. corn oil
(1) Beat the eggs, optima flour, water and ovalette together till fluffy.
(2) Add in vanilla essence and then fold in the corn oil.
(3) Divide the batter into 2 portions. Leave one plain and the other portion, add in some green colouring.
(4) Pour into 9" round cake tin separately and bake at 180C for about 35 mins. or till cooked.
(5) Remove from oven and leave to cool.
Note: You can also use both slices of cake as plain or both as green.
250 gm. Cream Cheese
50 gm. fine sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Peppermint essence
100 gm. Dairy Whip Cream
250 gm. Non-Dairy Whip cream
1 tsp. chocolate paste/emulco
15 gm. gelatine powder + 70 gm. water (soak to let it bloom)
80 gm. Raisins or sultanas (chopped)
50 gm. Pailette Feuillitine or cornflakes (crushed)
Ingredients for Ganache:
120 gm. Chocolate - chopped
80 gm. Dairy whip cream
10 gm. softened butter
Mix both together and double boil till mixture thickens.
Method for cream cheese filling:
(1) Cream cream cheese with sugar for about 5 mins. then add in Non Dairy whip cream and whisk until soft peak is achieved.
(2) Pour in Dairy whip cream and then the chocolate emulco.
(3) Pour in melted gelatine mixture and the peppermint essence.
(4) Lastly add in the raisins and cornflakes, stir till well mixed.
(5) Place a layer of sponge cake into a cake ring and pour in half of the cream cheese filling.
(6) Then top up with the other piece of sponge cake and pour the balance of cream cheese on top. Set in the fridge till the cream cheese fillings is set.
(7) Pour ganache on top and put into the fridge again to let it set.
(8) Decorate as desired and serve.