Friday, July 28, 2006
Cheese & Chive Scones
230 gm. Self raising flour
1 tsp. Mustard
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
100 gm. "Kiri" herbal-garlic cheese (soft cheese)
2 - 3 Tbsp. chopped English chives plus extra for garnishing
100 ml. fresh milk
60 gm. cheddar cheese - grated for spinkling
(1) Sift the flour, mustard, pepper and salt into a large mixing bowl.
(2) Add the kiri herbal cheese and stir together until well blended, then stir in the chopped chives.
(3) Make a well in the centre of the ingredients and gradually pour in the milk, stirring as you pour, bringing them together to form a soft dough.
(4) Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead lightl. Roll out to a thickness of 2 cm and cut out with a 2" or 5 cm round pastry cutter. Transfer to a baking tray.
(5) Brush the scones with milk and sprinkle some grated cheese on top.
(6) Bake at 200C for 15-20 mins. until risen and golden.
(7) Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
(8) Garnish with some chives and serve warm.