Tuesday, June 27, 2006
CHOCOLATE MINT CAKE WITH FUDGE TOPPING
This is a very beautiful and delicious cake which I tried using "BLUE KEY" Self Raising flour recipe. It's a die die must try recipe.
200 gm. Self raising flour
230 gm. Butter / margarine
220 gm. Castor sugar
230 gm. eggs
3 gm. Vanilla essence
30 gm. Cocoa powder
50 gm. Milk
a few drops of Green colouring
a few drops of peppermint Essence
Honey Chocolate Fudge:
150 gm. Cooking chocolate
90 gm. Fresh cream
30 gm. Butter
15 gm. Honey (2 Tbsp.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Line a 20 cm. (8 ") round cake pan with greaseproof paper.
3. Cream the pre-sieved S.R. flour and butter / margarine into a smooth paste.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until spongy. Add the sponge and vanilla essence gradually into the flour paste (No. 2) and beat till smooth.
5. Dive the cake batter into two. Add the cocoa powder and milk to one portion and blend till smooth. Add the green colouring and peppermint essence to the other portion.
6. Pour the two batters alternately into the lined 8" pan.
7. Bake for 45 to 50 mins.
8. Prepare honey chocolate fudge topping by mixing all the ingredients in a pan over boiling water (or use double boiler). Whisk the ingredients for 5 to 10 mins. until the fudge is smooth and glossy. The warm fudge can then be applied on the top and side of the cake.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2006, 10:10a